7 Unique Ways with Sweet Potatoes Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
Never one to turn down a delicious meal, my family and I have become accustomed to trying unusual and interesting culinary delights. Vichyssoise (cold potato soup)? Why yes, we’d love some. Chocolate Covered Bacon? Please, we’ll have seconds. So, with the weather cooling off and the season’s vegetables showing up outside stores and on front porches, we got inspired to find some interesting and fun ways to enjoy some of Fall’s often-overlooked tubers: The Sweet Potato.
• Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burger
• Sweet Potato Latkes
• Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie
• Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
• Sweet Potato Chili
• Sweet Potato Biscuits
• Sweet Potato Hummus
What are some of your favorite creative ways to eat Sweet Potatoes?
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00