ABC’s of The South: Ambiance Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
Candlelight can be romantic, comforting, and even soothing, depending on our mood. It reminds us to slow down, relax, and savor the moment. So we light some up whenever we get the chance, which is often. Whether it’s the soft glow of a tea light flickering, or the familiar smell of a scented candle to resurface a memory, the ambiance of candlelight reminds us of everything from childhood holidays to lingering kisses.
Candles can be in any room in your house—bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, den. Mix and match styles, sayings, and colors for interest. Sit back, relax, and enjoy—and don’t forget to never leave a candle unattended.
What are some of your favorite ways to use candles for ambiance?
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00