ABC’s of the South: Biscuits Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
A cornerstone in my grandmother’s kitchen, biscuits, I learned early on, are not just for breakfast. Here are a few of our favorite ways to enjoy the flaky, buttery treats any time of the day.
Slide some delicious fried chicken cutlets inside your biscuit and voila! Lunch is served. For an added twist, add dill pickle juice to your batter, or even marinate chicken in it before frying.
We can’t resist a savory BLT any time of day, and because these are small, they can be delicious even as a between-meals snack.
With chopped, fresh strawberries added, these sweet delights can be wonderful for breakfast, lunch, or even as a dessert for dinner.
What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy biscuits?
Shopping Boubon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 49.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 159.00
- Authentic Handcrafted Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 269.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 149.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00