ABC’s of the South: Biscuits Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
A cornerstone in my grandmother’s kitchen, biscuits, I learned early on, are not just for breakfast. Here are a few of our favorite ways to enjoy the flaky, buttery treats any time of the day.
Slide some delicious fried chicken cutlets inside your biscuit and voila! Lunch is served. For an added twist, add dill pickle juice to your batter, or even marinate chicken in it before frying.
We can’t resist a savory BLT any time of day, and because these are small, they can be delicious even as a between-meals snack.
With chopped, fresh strawberries added, these sweet delights can be wonderful for breakfast, lunch, or even as a dessert for dinner.
What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy biscuits?
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00