Afternoon Debate: Must-Try Southern Fried Chicken Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
Zagat has compiled a list of 16 Must-Try Fried Chicken Places in 8 Cities, and we’re shocked — SHOCKED — to see only one Southern city on the list. They’ve chosen two places in Austin — Gourdough’s Specialty Doughnuts and Lucy’s Fried Chicken — which is all well and good. But the other cities represented are New York City, Los Angeles, Boston, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Philadelphia.
Really? Philadelphia? What gives? Well, maybe some of those fried chickens look pretty delicious, and we’ll give Zagat a pass for only profiling fried chicken in cities where it has a blog base.
But if our experts were compiling this list, we might suggest Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken of Memphis, with a brand new location in Little Rock, Prince‘s in Nashville, or the Seafood and Chicken Box in Alabama.
Let’s show Zagat we know what’s what and post some of your favorite Southern fried chicken places in the comments.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00