Afternoon Debate: Must-Try Southern Fried Chicken Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
Zagat has compiled a list of the 16 Must-Try Fried Chicken Places in 8 Cities, and we’re shocked — SHOCKED — to see only one Southern city on the list. They’ve chosen two places in Austin — Gourdough’s Specialty Doughnuts and Lucy’s Fried Chicken — which is all well and good. But the other cities represented are New York City, Los Angeles, Boston, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Philadelphia.
Really? Philadelphia? What gives? Well, maybe some of those fried chickens look pretty delicious, and we’ll give Zagat a pass for only profiling fried chicken in cities where it has a blog base.
But if our experts were compiling this list, we might suggest Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken of Memphis, with a brand new location in Little Rock, Prince‘s in Nashville, or the Seafood and Chicken Box in Alabama.
Let’s show Zagat we know what’s what and post some of your favorite Southern fried chicken places in the comments.
Shopping Boubon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 42.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 139.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 109.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00