Afternoon Debate: Must-Try Southern Fried Chicken Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
Zagat has compiled a list of 16 Must-Try Fried Chicken Places in 8 Cities, and we’re shocked — SHOCKED — to see only one Southern city on the list. They’ve chosen two places in Austin — Gourdough’s Specialty Doughnuts and Lucy’s Fried Chicken — which is all well and good. But the other cities represented are New York City, Los Angeles, Boston, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Philadelphia.
Really? Philadelphia? What gives? Well, maybe some of those fried chickens look pretty delicious, and we’ll give Zagat a pass for only profiling fried chicken in cities where it has a blog base.
But if our experts were compiling this list, we might suggest Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken of Memphis, with a brand new location in Little Rock, Prince‘s in Nashville, or the Seafood and Chicken Box in Alabama.
Let’s show Zagat we know what’s what and post some of your favorite Southern fried chicken places in the comments.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Cowhide Rugs - Real Authentic Oversized Genuine Leather Hide $ 220.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Top Lazy Susan $ 109.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00