American Whiskey Trail: Gateway Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
American Whiskey Trail: Gateway
Looking for something fun, historical, and tasty to do? How about the American Whiskey Trail?
Brought to you by the Distilled Spirits Council, its member companies, affiliated members, and Historic Mount Vernon, The American Whiskey Trail takes you on an educational journey about the cultural heritage and history of American spirits.
This is the first in a series of posts where we will highlight a different stop along the Trail. We will start in the Gateway: George Washington's Distillery.
Located on Mount Vernon in Alexandria, Virginia, George Washington's Distillery is the country's only distillery that demonstrates how spirits were made in the 1800's. According to Americanwhiskeytrail.com, "Together with Mount Vernon’s farm site, gristmill and education center, the Distillery teaches visitors about Washington’s entrepreneurial spirit and his innovative approach to making whiskey."
With a rich history and stunning architecture, you can't go wrong while in Alexandria, Virginia. Be sure and visit, or better yet stay in, Old Town Alexandria, complete with cobblestone streets and red brick sidewalks along the Potomac River.
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Cowhide Rugs - Real Authentic Oversized Genuine Leather Hide $ 189.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Top Lazy Susan $ 109.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00