An Apple a Day Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
An Apple a Day. Does it keep the doctor away?
Now that the Autumn Apples are here and plentiful, here are some ways to savor Fall’s best bounty:
Paired with Cheese
Whether it’s brie, sharp cheddar, or gouda, a crisp, tart or sweet apple is a great compliment to cheese.
On a Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Place apple slices between the ham and cheese and then grill. Yum!
Firm apples that are cut to open like a fan, with cinnamon and brown sugar streusel between the layers.
Dipped in Peanut Butter
Probably our favorite of all, the simplicity of apple slices dipped in creamy peanut butter.
What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy apples this fall?
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00