Best College Tailgating Spots, PT. 3 Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
Here's Part 3 of our Best College Tailgating Spots, featuring Mizzou, Vanderbilt, and the University of Texas. Game on!
While tailgating is allowed anywhere on campus, the big action happens at Hearnes Center Fieldhouse, where large groups obtain permits to serve alcohol, and the brand new Tiger Town, located at Faurot Field, which is free. BBQ, libations, and kid-friendly activities make it a go-to for the whole family.
Not one to be outdone by other schools, Vanderbilt takes its tailgating seriously. Vandyville, designated by the school as the official tailgating area, is for Vanderbilt fans only (sorry, opposing teams, you'll have to find your own place to party), and fans must reserve their spot early. Tailgating happens at street and lot parking, too, but again, you must plan ahead and come early. Spots go quick!
University of Texas
Par for the course, Texas does it bigger and better than everyone else, and tailgating at UT is no exception. From tents and grills, to full-size trailers (bigger is better here), street and lot parking around the stadium is your best bet, so come early and get ready to party.
Where's your favorite tailgating spot?
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Cowhide Rugs - Real Authentic Oversized Genuine Leather Hide $ 189.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Top Lazy Susan $ 109.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00