Best Places to see Fall Foliage in the South Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
Not only are the Ouachita Mountains full of sparkling crystals, this time of year the colors of the leaves can’t be beat. And, if you are so inclined, you can stop at one of the bathhouses for a relaxing spa escape.
The Boston Mountains Scenic Loop is the quintessential drive through the Ozark National Forest, and in the Fall it really is as though an artist brushed her paints across the landscape.
The Buffalo National River and Arkansas Grand Canyon are breathtaking any time of year, but in the Fall with the cooler temperatures and vibrant colors you’ll never want to leave. Be sure and watch for Bald Eagles as they soar above the forest.
Discover more at www.onlyinyourstate.com
What are some of your favorite Arkansas places in Autumn?
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Authentic Oversized Tan & White Cowhide Rugs $ 187.00
- Etched World Globe Whiskey Decanter $ 49.00
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 21.00
- Authentic Black & White Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 199.00
- Handcrafted Mini Bourbon Barrel Bluetooth Speaker $ 299.00
- Beer Legends Pub Pint Glass Set $ 39.00
- Vintage Sweet Tea Metal Sign $ 96.00