Best Southern Singers in Skirts Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
The baritone voices of Southern men like Josh Turner, Johnny Cash, and George Strait are nice, but sometimes a country song needs a woman’s touch.
We pulled together a playlist of our favorite female singer-songwriters from legends like Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn to newcomers Holly Williams and Bonnie Montgomery. And don’t worry boys, we even threw in a couple of sultry duets, just to even the playing field. Stream the mix below through Spotify, and tell us your favorite women of country in the comments.
For more songs of the south, be sure to check out our ultimate summer playlist.
“9 to 5” by Dolly Parton
“Mama’s Broken Heart” by Miranda Lambert
“Giving Up” by Holly Williams
“Jackson” by June Carter Cash and Johnny Cash
“Sparks Fly” by Taylor Swift
“Walking After Midnight” by Patsy Cline
“Poison & Wine” by The Civil Wars
“Joy” by Bonnie Montgomery
“Walk of Shame” by Nikki Lane
“Own Side” by Caitlin Rose
“Best Days of Your Life” by Kellie Pickler
“Johnny & June” by Heidi Newfield
“Coal Miner’s Daughter” by Loretta Lynn
“Stand By Your Man” by Tammy Wynette
“Any Man of Mine” by Shania Twain
“He Thinks He’ll Keep Her” by Mary Chapin Carpenter
“All-American Girl” by Carrie Underwood
Caroline Hallemann is a freelance writer specializing in Southern culture, fashion, and cuisine. Follow her adventures as a Nashvillian in NYC on Twitter: @challemann.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00