Small-Batch Bourbon Cocktails For Your Tailgate Posted by: Lindsey Castrodale | 0 Comments
Maker’s Mark Summer Mash-Up
2 parts Maker’s Mark Bourbon 1 part DeKuyper Triple Sec Liqueur 1 part orange juice 1 part pineapple juice 1/4 part grenadine syrup Pineapple wedge and cherry for garnish Instructions
Shake well with ice and pour into serving glass. Garnish with pineapple wedge and cherry.
The Big Texan Bourbon-and-Grapefruit Cocktail
2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice 1 1/2 ounces bourbon 1/2 tablespoon simple syrup (see Note) 2 basil leaves Ice 1 grapefruit slice and 1 preserved cherry, for garnish Instructions
In a cocktail shaker, combine the grapefruit juice, bourbon, simple syrup and basil. Fill a chilled rocks glass with ice. Add 5 ice cubes to the shaker and shake well. Strain the drink into the ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with the grapefruit slice and cherry. NOTES Make simple syrup by boiling equal parts sugar and water. Let cool before using.
The Kentucky Mule
2 oz bourbon 1/2 oz lime juice 4-6 oz ginger beer Instructions
Add the bourbon and lime juice into a Moscow Mule mug. Fill the mug with ice and then top off with ginger beer. Add a mint sprig for garnish
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00