Bourbon Makes it Better: Hot Drinks Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
We used to think there was nothing better than a creamy hot chocolate on a cool night. Then one night after a long day at the office, we got the idea to add bourbon to our hot chocolate. And that’s when we discovered we had been wrong all along. There is something better than creamy hot chocolate on a cool night. It’s spiked creamy hot chocolate on a cool night. Our newfound discovery inspired us to experiment with other hot drinks, too. Turns out bourbon makes quite the addition (admittedly, we were probably more surprised than you). Here are some ideas:
Bourbon Spiked Hot Chocolate
After adding a shot of bourbon to your hot chocolate, top with marshmallows and then drizzle with chocolate syrup. Yeah, we went there.
Warm Bourbon Cider
Adding bourbon to your cider gives it a refreshing kick, and be sure and add cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground nutmeg to your cider.
Bourbon Spiked Coffee
A nice dark roast deserves a smooth shot of bourbon, topped with fresh whipped cream, and for an added refreshing delight, drizzle a hint of homemade crème de menthe on top.
What are some of your favorite bourbon spiked hot drinks?
Shopping Boubon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 45.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 139.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 109.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00