Bourbon Makes it Better: Hot Drinks Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
We used to think there was nothing better than a creamy hot chocolate on a cool night. Then one night after a long day at the office, we got the idea to add bourbon to our hot chocolate. And that’s when we discovered we had been wrong all along. There is something better than creamy hot chocolate on a cool night. It’s spiked creamy hot chocolate on a cool night. Our newfound discovery inspired us to experiment with other hot drinks, too. Turns out bourbon makes quite the addition (admittedly, we were probably more surprised than you). Here are some ideas:
Bourbon Spiked Hot Chocolate
After adding a shot of bourbon to your hot chocolate, top with marshmallows and then drizzle with chocolate syrup. Yeah, we went there.
Warm Bourbon Cider
Adding bourbon to your cider gives it a refreshing kick, and be sure and add cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground nutmeg to your cider.
Bourbon Spiked Coffee
A nice dark roast deserves a smooth shot of bourbon, topped with fresh whipped cream, and for an added refreshing delight, drizzle a hint of homemade crème de menthe on top.
What are some of your favorite bourbon spiked hot drinks?
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00