Bring the Outside in: Decorating with Leaves Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
As those leaves begin to turn, doesn’t it makes you want to bring some of that beautiful color inside? Well, you’re in luck, because here are some simple, free ways to enjoy the beauty of fall inside your home, too.
Burst of Color
Take a glass vase, candleholder, or interesting bottle and place leaves inside. For added color, use different colored glass containers (light yellows and greens work wonderfully) to contrast bright red leaves inside.
Touch of Color
Using twine, tie multi-hued leaves to vanity jars, bottles, and candleholders. Use different shapes and sizes and have fun with it.
Layers of Color
Start by picking up several branches from your yard, different lengths. Then place in a jar, or if they are bigger, place in a planter and put river rocks or other stones in the bottom. Using fishing line or twine, tie leaves onto the branches to create your own autumn tree inside.
Hint: Spray your (dry) leaves with a clear or glitter acrylic craft spray to preserve them and add a nice shine,
Shopping Bourbon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 49.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 159.00
- Authentic Handcrafted Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 269.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 149.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00