Bring the Outside in: Decorating with Leaves Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
As those leaves begin to turn, doesn’t it makes you want to bring some of that beautiful color inside? Well, you’re in luck, because here are some simple, free ways to enjoy the beauty of fall inside your home, too.
Burst of Color
Take a glass vase, candleholder, or interesting bottle and place leaves inside. For added color, use different colored glass containers (light yellows and greens work wonderfully) to contrast bright red leaves inside.
Touch of Color
Using twine, tie multi-hued leaves to vanity jars, bottles, and candleholders. Use different shapes and sizes and have fun with it.
Layers of Color
Start by picking up several branches from your yard, different lengths. Then place in a jar, or if they are bigger, place in a planter and put river rocks or other stones in the bottom. Using fishing line or twine, tie leaves onto the branches to create your own autumn tree inside.
Hint: Spray your (dry) leaves with a clear or glitter acrylic craft spray to preserve them and add a nice shine,
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00