Defining a Southern Woman in 3 Words Posted by: Rod Ford | 1 Comment
Let’s be honest, there’s nothing quite like a Southern woman.
She’s thoughtful, refined, beautiful … maybe a little mercurial … but the one things she does best is put others before herself. At heart, she’s a caretaker, seeing to the needs of everyone around her, and then, at long last, herself. She’s tough, outspoken and charming, all at once. She can be a little stereotypical too, but she doesn’t take herself too seriously.
This Garden & Gun Magazine essay on Southern women is a few years old but gaining traction again, and for good reason — it’s just so damn true. Here’s a snippet:
To be born a Southern woman is to be made aware of your distinctiveness. And with it, the rules. The expectations. These vary some, but all follow the same basic template, which is, fundamentally, no matter what the circumstance, Southern women make the effort. Which is why even the girls in the trailer parks paint their nails. And why overstressed working moms still bake three dozen homemade cookies for the school fund-raiser. And why you will never see Reese Witherspoon wearing sweatpants. Or Oprah take a nap.
What do you think defines a Southern woman? Give us three words.
Shopping Boubon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 49.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 159.00
- Authentic Handcrafted Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 269.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 149.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00