Drafting a List of the Best Southern Bars Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
Perhaps you’re wondering where’s the best place to get a bloody mary in your neck of the woods. Or to sip a gin and tonic while gazing at the gorgeous blue ridge mountains.
Maybe you’re seeking a watering hole for both you and your dog. Or hoping to hide your head in a friendly dive bar. Or maybe some swank cocktail lounge where nobody knows your name.
It’s nothing new or groundbreaking, but Garden and Gun has compiled a go-to reference list of the 50 Best Southern Bars. (If you’re not much on reading, there’s a photo slideshow.) And it’s helpfully divided into categories so it goes down even smoother. They’ve even got speakeasies and “vintage bars ” on the list. A bar in our hometown — The Lassis Inn — made the list in the “Juke Joint” category, and we have to say that place is more well-known for its catfish than its cold cans of beer. Though we admit they go hand-in-hand.
They did cheat a bit by listing a bar in Washington, D.C., but we’ll give them a pass this time.
Which Southern bars do you think deserve a spot on the list?
- Authentic Oversized Tan & White Cowhide Rugs $ 187.00
- Etched World Globe Whiskey Decanter $ 49.00
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 21.00
- Authentic Black & White Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 199.00
- Handcrafted Mini Bourbon Barrel Bluetooth Speaker $ 299.00
- Beer Legends Pub Pint Glass Set $ 39.00
- Vintage Sweet Tea Metal Sign $ 96.00