Favorite College Fight Songs
Favorite College Fight Songs Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 5 Comments
Texas A&M, “The Aggie War Hymn”: Written by an alumni stationed overseas during WWI, “The Aggie War Hymn” speaks to the rivalry between the University of Texas and A&M. When this song is played, students link arms and sway back and forth, symbolically sawing off the horns of the UT Longhorns. Another fun fact? NASA used to play this song to wake up astronauts.
United States Naval Academy, “Anchors Aweigh”: This song saw its debut at the Navy vs. Army game of 1906. A bitter rivalry, even today, when the Navy won, the song became an instant tradition.
Wisconsin, “On Wisconsin”: This song is so popular in the state of Wisconsin that it was adopted as the state song. Famous band leader John Philip Sousa called this song “ the finest of college marching songs.”
Notre Dame, “Victory March”: Perhaps one of the most recognizable and most used fight songs (Rudy, anyone?), “Victory March” was written in the early 1900’s by two Notre Dame alumni.
University of Georgia, “Glory, Glory”: Set to the tune of the “Battle Hymn of the Republic” this song is not technically the official fight song of Georgia, but is played at every home game. Depending on the opponent, lines may be replaced.
Bourbon & Boots is a southern lifestyle brand, integrating artisan inspired and maker quality craftsmanship into rare, unique, unusual personalized gifts for the person that has everything. Come visit us if you are looking for vintage gifts or seeking cool gift ideas.
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses (Set of 2) $ 29.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon & Whiskey Bottle Liquid Desk Lamp $ 139.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 159.00
- Authentic Handcrafted Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffel Bag $ 269.00
- Bourbon Barrel Wooden Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 149.00
- Bourbon Barrel Polarized Wooden Sunglasses $ 159.00
- Handcrafted Stylish Leather Messenger Bag $ 169.00