Festivals in the South: Beignet Fest Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
Looking for a weekend getaway? Pop on over to New Orleans who has added a new festival to its list. Beignet Fest makes the 133rd festival held in the Big Easy. Every single month of the year you can find festivals centered around food, music, and arts with the biggest of course being Mardi Gras. The newest addition is the first of its kind. Yes, it's the first-ever Beignet Fest!
Held in Lafayette Square, participating restaurants include Howlin' Wolf Den, Cafe' Maspero, Royal House, New Orleans Coffee and Beignet House, and many more. The offerings include everything from Bananas Foster Beignets to Fish or Oyster Beignets, and everything in between.
Not only will you enjoy amazing beignet creations in one of the tastiest cities in the country, you will also be supporting a wonderful cause, the Tres Doux Foundation, which will make grants to local nonprofit organizations that provide for accessible, quality programs for children with developmental delays.
For more information, www.beignetfest.com
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00