FROSÉ: A Late Summer Treat Posted by: Lindsey Castrodale | 0 Comments
It’s August, and we’re all mentally starting to move on from summer. With football and PSLs on the horizon, who am I to judge?
But, let’s be real. It’s still unbearably hot outside, and a cold refreshing treat is my go-to summertime cure. If said cold refreshing summertime treat happens to include wine, then all the better. In honor of this 100-degree Wine Wednesday we’re experiencing in my neck of the woods, I'm sharing this refreshing cocktail that has quickly become the latest pink drink craze of big-city happy hours.
Frozen Rosé, or better known to my fellow hashtaggers and Instagrammers of the world as Frosé, is exactly what it sounds like. It’s a frozen wine cocktail with rosé wine as the base.
Here’s how to make it:
- 1 750 ml bottle hearty, bold rosé (such as a Pinot Noir or Merlot rosé)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries
- 2½ ounces fresh lemon juice
Our recipe, adapted from Bon Appétit, simplifies the process a little bit.
Pour rosé into a 13x9" pan and freeze until almost solid (it won't completely solidify due to the alcohol), at least 6 hours.
Then, blend honey, frozen strawberries, and lemon juice. Now add the rosé into the blender with the sweet strawberry mixture, and blend. Freeze the mixture for another 30 minutes to thicken if needed, then blend once more into slushy consistency.
So grab a bottle, a blender and your BFF, and celebrate these last few warm Wine Wednesdays in pretty pink fashion.
Photo from @amandapripp.
By Lindsey Castrodale
Lindsey Castrodale is an Southern-loving girl living in a digital world. Arkansas born and raised, she can often be found in front of a bowl of cheese dip, chip-in-hand, while documenting on Instagram. Little Rock, AR is the Cheese Dip Capital of the World, after all.
- Authentic Oversized Tan & White Cowhide Rugs $ 187.00
- Etched World Globe Whiskey Decanter $ 49.00
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 21.00
- Authentic Black & White Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 199.00
- Handcrafted Mini Bourbon Barrel Bluetooth Speaker $ 299.00
- Beer Legends Pub Pint Glass Set $ 39.00
- Vintage Sweet Tea Metal Sign $ 96.00