Fun With Southern Hashtags Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
Our Bourbon & Boots team had a lot of fun the past few weeks working on our Social Southern Hashtag contest. We live in a world of hashtags, the syntax that unites otherwise chaotic social medial blurbs into a manageable and searchable narratives.
We put together a program for the 2 million people that engage with the Bourbon & Boots Lifestyle brand each week to have them contribute their favorite hashtag southernisms. Of course we weren’t disappointed as everyone knows southerners are clever and insightful; there is nothing like a clever joke told slowly with a hint of southern drawl. So not surprising social media is dripping with Southern hashtags, many practical in nature, but several just plain hilarious.
We’ve grouped our submissions into a few groups to make them easier to understand. We hope y’all #SouthernEnjoy ~!
- Game Day: As you know the South Loves its teams & its rivalries. Rivalry week is full of #<InsertTeam>HateWeek hashtags. There is no bigger southern rivalry than in-state Iron Bowl Auburn vs. Alabama. Iron Bowl week always means heating up social media to fan the flames of competition and here were some of our favorites.
Posted to #ThingsILikeMoreThanAuburn
- Black Friday Shopping Crowds
- The Jersey Shore In August
- Watching a WNBA Game
- Expired Butter Milk
- Going to the Motor Vehicle Department to Renew My License
Posted to #Things ILikeMoreThanAlabama
- Listening to Justin Bieber on Repeat While Having My Colonoscopy
- Passing the Largest Kidney Stone the Doctor Has Ever Seen
- Listening to Lou Holtz Read Atlas Shrugged Aloud
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery While On A Business Trip to Yemen
- Food. Paula Deen used TWTR as a forum to share some her best dishes under #PaulasBestDish, but a couple of years ago when she found herself amidst some public controversy the humorist had some fun at her expense with satirical versions such #WeShallOvercrumbCake and #BackoftheBusBiscuits.
Did you know that #BBQ gets over 18,000 mentions per hour and #fried is over 12,000 mentions per hour. #SweetTea not so much at only 300 mentions per hour.
- Southern Roots. Most people are aware of #southern, #southernliving, #southerncharm, but the following are a few other practical hashtags that are commonly used for southern banter.
Shopping Boubon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 45.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 159.00
- Authentic Handcrafted Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 269.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 149.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00