Gift Guide to California Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
California has so many Southern expats, well, we don’t exactly claim it as part of Dixie but we’re always keeping an eye on how Southern culture is percolating over there on the Pacific. It’s fun to see fresh Western takes on things like metal working and letterpress with some of our favorite Southern icons and saying.
So, if you’re hoping to support Southern culture and the Golden State this holiday season, look no further than this gift guide to California. (To see all of our California finds, click here.)
1. Iconic Southern Men Letterpress Posters, from $40
Made by a Tennessee native, these original, hand-drawn and carved posters made in the Church of Type — the new Letterpress Studio of Kevin Bradley, one of America’s most prolific letterpress printmakers since 1994. His work honors the iconic men that shaped the South through music. Choose from Woody Guthrie, Hank Williams and Bill Monroe to adorn your walls.
2. Say My Name Initial Necklace, from $39
Because what Southerner can resist a little light monogramming? The “Say My Name” necklace appeals to that urge in an elegant fashion. Go for your favorite look with a gold filled, rose gold or sterling silver necklace. Initials measure approximately 1 inch and hang from an 18-inch chain.
3. Butterfly Migration Map Print, $75
This butterfly migration map may not be entirely scientific, but it is incredibly beautiful. Made in California and printed on heavyweight 100% recycled stock with water-based inks, it’s a great gift for the cartographer and butterfly fan in your life.
4. We Love Dolly Necklace, from $42
Dolly Parton knows exactly who she is, and doesn’t care if you like it or not. This Dolly Parton-inspired necklace with a locket and stamped Parton quote on a dog tag pays homage to a time when Dolly Parton was your hero. Oh, she still is? Yeah, she’s ours, too.
5. California Home T Shirt, $28
It’s simple. And it says one thing, “home.” Combine that statement with the border of your favorite state and you have an instant impact that broadcasts your home pride. Show off The Golden State with a California Home T Shirt. A portion of the proceeds go to fight multiple sclerosis. It’s a win-win.
6. Infinity Scarf, from $50
Warm up in style with a trendy Chunky Knit Infinity Scarf. Hand made in Fresno, California, from lamb’s wool and acrylic blend, they have the warmth of wool without the scratchy texture.
In love with the South AND California? See all of our hand-picked products from the state.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Cowhide Rugs - Real Authentic Oversized Genuine Leather Hide $ 220.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Top Lazy Susan $ 109.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00