Gift Guide to Virginia Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
If you look more closely, you might be surprised to learn Virginia makes more than history. Sure, it’s the birthplace of eight presidents and its general assembly is the oldest continuous law-making body in the country, but Virginia’s not just for lovers of history. It’s got a creative streak a nautical mile long, and if you’re looking to support the state’s inventive side this holiday season, look not further than this gift guide to Virginia for products made in or inspired by the Old Dominion.
1. Organic Shampoo and Conditioner Kit, from $26
Get back to your mother-earth roots with organic shampoos and conditioners made in Boyce, Virginia. Only pure essential oils and botanical extracts are used in the calming scent of lavender. Yeah, they’re a bit of a splurge, but sometimes you’ve got to treat yourself to naturally clean, soft hair.
2. Wood Plank Chalkboard, $28
This board is made from natural basswood and treated with chalkboard paint. It would look at home in a roadside diner or your own dining room. Regardless of where you put this slice of nature, it will add a home-y feel to your written messages. Each slice is handmade and varies from 7″-9″ wide and 1/2″ thick.
3. Patron Margarita Glass, $30
With the Patron Margarita Glass you can have 16 ounces of delicious margarita and feel like the king or queen of the tequila castle as you sip from your Patron chalice. This generous goblet is made in Virginia Beach.
4. Personalized Pyrex Dish, $36
Never lose your dish to the church potluck again when you have personalization in your arsenal. “Easy grab” Pyrex dishes measure 9 x 13 inches, and come with your choice of blue or red lid. From start to finish these dishes are designed, etched, washed, and packed by hand.
5. Virginia Y’all Shirt, $28
They say Virginia is for lovers … of the word “y’all.” This shirt will display your undying state pride for all to see. The Virginia Y’all T-shirt is 100 percent made in the USA, using a high-quality unisex T-shirt that is insanely soft.
6. Wooden Tie Clips, from $20
Show off your taste for fine craftsmanship and nature’s beauty with these wooden tie clips. No stains, dyes, or finishes are used and everything is hand buffed with a wax and shellac blend that lets the warmth and unaltered beauty of the wood come through. Choose from materials like the Jack Daniels barrel, mahogany or Hawaiian koa. All are guaranteed to turn some heads.
In love with Virginia? See all of our hand-picked products from the state.
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 42.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 139.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 109.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00