Hot off the french press: New coffee options Posted by: Melissa Tucker | 0 Comments
Park Hill’s got a new coffeeshop at the corner of JFK and C Street. It’s got the standard lattes with endless syrup combinations and french press, “Honduran style” coffee. They’ll happily offer a sample to customers. If you like it, the shop also sells bags of coffee beans. Andres opened for business yesterday and has a upscale feel with wood floors, marble-ish countertops and an open, modern atmosphere.
I tried a latte on my visit and it tasted plenty bold with none of that burnt flavor espresso can sometimes have. It was $3.15 for a medium, slightly cheaper than most places around. Though the coffeeshop is open through the evening hours, the scant food options are breakfast-y. Andres has chocolate muffins, fruit muffins and sweet loaves called “semitas” as well as bagels and croissants. There’s the Perrier and Vitamin Water and Naked juices, too.
Hours are 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. most everyday. Open Sundays but closed on Saturdays, which is interesting. Address is 3300 John F. Kennedy Blvd. Here’s hoping it works out for Andres, with the Starbucks monolith right up the road, and the specter of the recently closed Dogtown Coffee and Cookery hanging in the air, may it rest in peace.
In related news, a Mugs coffeeshop will open soon next to Argenta Market on Main Street in North Little Rock. It’s under construction now.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Cowhide Rugs - Real Authentic Oversized Genuine Leather Hide $ 220.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Top Lazy Susan $ 109.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00