How To Add a Rustic Touch to Your Southern Home Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
Looking to add a sense of history to your Southern home? Try some of these rustic touches to add charm and hint at bygone days.
Charming and elegant, a cowhide rug can be soft under your feet as a carpet, warm as a couch throw, or beautiful as a wall hanging.
- Weathered Wicker
Perfect for your screened-in porch, weathered wicker is durable and charming. Add some colorful cushions, perfect for a long afternoon nap.
Whether it’s a table, picture frame, serving tray, or sign, reclaimed barnwood adds beauty and history to any room in your house.
Potted plants like ferns are inexpensive and add charm. Make sure the sunlight is correct, and then add one or more plants not only for beauty, but also to improve the air quality (it’s true!). What are some other rustic touches you can add? Comment with your ideas below.
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Authentic Oversized Tan & White Cowhide Rugs $ 187.00
- Etched World Globe Whiskey Decanter $ 49.00
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 21.00
- Authentic Black & White Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 199.00
- Handcrafted Mini Bourbon Barrel Bluetooth Speaker $ 299.00
- Beer Legends Pub Pint Glass Set $ 39.00
- Vintage Sweet Tea Metal Sign $ 96.00