How to be a Southern Belle Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 4 Comments
Okay, Ladies, it's your turn. What makes a Southern Belle besides sugar and spice and everything nice?
- Know how to debone a chicken, set a table with your grandmother’s silverware, and clean your plate, all without batting an eye. And there’s always room for dessert.
- Don’t be ugly; if the need arises to insult someone, “Bless her heart” will do.
- Be ready to do any of the following at the drop of a hat: drive a 4-wheeler, shoot a shotgun, drop a boat in the water.
- There are only two acceptable beverage choices at brunch: mimosa or sweet tea. No exceptions.
- Three words: thank you notes. Two words: football season.
- One word: lipstick.
What else would you add to our list? Add your own to the comments!
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00