How To Take A Southern Belle On A Date Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 3 Comments
So you’ve finally gotten the nerve to ask out the beautiful woman in human resources with the Southern drawl. Now what? Whether you are a Southerner or not, here are a few tips for taking a Southern Belle on a date:
Pick her up on time. Punctuality is akin to good manners, very important to her. She will most likely make you wait as she dabs on lipstick, and that’s okay.
Open doors for her. Front doors, car doors, any and all doors.
Hold your hand out for her when she gets out the car, and if it’s raining, hold your umbrella over her. Better you get wet than her.
If at a restaurant, walk behind her to the table, not in front of her, and pull out the chair for her to sit.
When you order her a nonalcoholic beverage, it’s a Coke, not a pop, soda, or god forbid, a Pepsi.
Listen. Laugh. Lighten up.
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Cowhide Rugs - Real Authentic Oversized Genuine Leather Hide $ 220.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Top Lazy Susan $ 109.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00