How to tell Autumn has arrived in the South Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
Signs of Fall in the South
We’ve all been waiting for it. After the sweltering summer, we here in the South eagerly await cool, crisp mornings, a light jacket, and the return of arguably the best season of the year: Fall. But how do you know when it’s finally Fall in the South? Here are some surefire signs that Autumn has arrived:
Foliage: Glossy greens give way to vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows as trees show off in their Sunday best.
Football: Not just restricted to Friday nights, Football becomes the focus on T-shirts, car flags, billboards, and radio banter.
Hunting: Camo pants, orange hats, and muddy boots are out of the closet and become commonplace at the gas station and grocery store.
Apples: Whether you’re picking them at the orchard, bobbing for them, or dipping them in caramel, apples are everywhere.
Pumpkins: Not to be outdone by apples, pumpkin patches sprout overnight, and pumpkin-spice everything becomes the bestseller at coffeeshops.
What are some other signs that it’s Fall in the South? Add yours to the comments below.
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 19.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 139.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 149.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00