How to tell Autumn has arrived in the South Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
Signs of Fall in the South
We’ve all been waiting for it. After the sweltering summer, we here in the South eagerly await cool, crisp mornings, a light jacket, and the return of arguably the best season of the year: Fall. But how do you know when it’s finally Fall in the South? Here are some surefire signs that Autumn has arrived:
Foliage: Glossy greens give way to vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows as trees show off in their Sunday best.
Football: Not just restricted to Friday nights, Football becomes the focus on T-shirts, car flags, billboards, and radio banter.
Hunting: Camo pants, orange hats, and muddy boots are out of the closet and become commonplace at the gas station and grocery store.
Apples: Whether you’re picking them at the orchard, bobbing for them, or dipping them in caramel, apples are everywhere.
Pumpkins: Not to be outdone by apples, pumpkin patches sprout overnight, and pumpkin-spice everything becomes the bestseller at coffeeshops.
What are some other signs that it’s Fall in the South? Add yours to the comments below.
- Authentic Oversized Tan & White Cowhide Rugs $ 187.00
- Etched World Globe Whiskey Decanter $ 49.00
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 21.00
- Authentic Black & White Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 199.00
- Handcrafted Mini Bourbon Barrel Bluetooth Speaker $ 299.00
- Beer Legends Pub Pint Glass Set $ 39.00
- Vintage Sweet Tea Metal Sign $ 96.00