KFC Goes to Eleven Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
Exactly how do you feel about the KFC brand? Positive? Indifferent? Maybe negative?
KFC wants to change your mind.
The chicken chain launched a new “fast casual” concept called KFC eleven. (We think that “eleven” is supposed to be lowercase, and we’re assuming that’s a reference to Spinal Tap. It might as well be.) The first incarnation of the idea will open in Louisville, which is as it should be.
According to Eater.com, “The menu features KFC original recipe chicken, flatbreads, salads, sandwiches, and rice bowls. According to an earlier job posting, KFC eleven aims to ‘transform how people think about the brand.'” That could be found in the arena of new flavors, such as “island BBQ,” “creamy chipotle” and “orange ginger.” See the new menu in its entirety here.
KFC began testing this new concept in early July on the indie-dominated Bardstown Road. There will be no alcohol sales. It’s not that upscale, y’all, because it’ll still have a drive-through. And Pepsi products. (Blech.) We suppose if KFC and Cheddar’s had a love child, maybe you’d get KFC eleven? Maybe?
What do you think? Does KFC really need to go upscale?
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00