Light up the Night Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
Is it just our imagination, or are the days getting shorter, and the nights getting longer?
After the Autumnal Equinox, the days and nights are no longer equal, we officially entered the third season of the year: Fall. According to the Old Farmer’s Almanac, “The word equinox means “equal night”; night and day are about the same length of time. During the equinox, the Sun crosses what we call the “celestial equator” (just imagine the line that marks the equator on Earth extending up into the sky) from north to south. At this point, the amount of nighttime and daytime are roughly equal to each other. Another definition of fall is nights of below-freezing temperatures combined with days of temperatures below 70 degrees Fahrenheit.”
So, yes, it is true that as the temperatures drop this fall season, the days do get shorter and the nights do get longer as daylight hours decline. But, look on the bright side: less daylight just gives us more time to play board games, snuggle up with a good book, and/or watch our favorite movie with the family. After all, if it’s dark outside, all the better reason to turn on the lights inside and hold each other close.
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 18.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 139.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 119.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00