Modern Southern Writers Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 1 Comment
Ron Rash’s novels, short stories, and poetry are mostly set in the rural Appalachian South, where his family has been since the 1700’s. A master of lyrical writing and tightly-woven storytelling, Rash explores religion, nature, and the human condition, among other things. The Cove is a good place to start.
Bastard Out of Carolina, Dorothy Allison’s first semi-autobiographical novel that was banned from libraries and classrooms yet revered by fans and critics, announced her place in the Southern Literary Tradition. Fourteen years after publication, it’s still creating waves.
Who are some of your favorite contemporary Southern writers?
Shopping Boubon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 18.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 139.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 119.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00