Modern Southern Writers
Modern Southern Writers Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 1 Comment
Ron Rash’s novels, short stories, and poetry are mostly set in the rural Appalachian South, where his family has been since the 1700’s. A master of lyrical writing and tightly-woven storytelling, Rash explores religion, nature, and the human condition, among other things. The Cove is a good place to start.
Bastard Out of Carolina, Dorothy Allison’s first semi-autobiographical novel that was banned from libraries and classrooms yet revered by fans and critics, announced her place in the Southern Literary Tradition. Fourteen years after publication, it’s still creating waves.
Who are some of your favorite contemporary Southern writers?
Bourbon & Boots is a southern lifestyle brand, integrating artisan inspired and maker quality craftsmanship into rare, unique, unusual personalized gifts for the person that has everything. Come visit us if you are looking for vintage gifts or seeking cool gift ideas.
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 29.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon & Whiskey Bottle Liquid Desk Lamp $ 139.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 139.00
- Authentic Handcrafted Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffel Bag $ 269.00
- Bourbon Barrel Wooden Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 129.00
- Bourbon Barrel Polarized Wooden Sunglasses $ 159.00
- Handcrafted Stylish Leather Messenger Bag $ 169.00