Name to Fame: Worst (Best) Named Cities Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
Southerners are the best at naming things. We’re pretty good with colorful language in general, but when it comes to bestowing a memorable name on a landmark, city, hill, dale, farm, some pig or anything else interesting we might come across, well, we’re experts.
If you want proof, look in every state in the South. You better believe it’s got a town with a head-scratcher of a name … probably two. Of course we don’t have a monopoly on funny town names, but we’d argue we have some the most creative ones in America.
In Arkansas, they’ve got Bald Knob. Possum Grape. Weiner.
In Tennesee, there’s Dismal. In Alabama, they’ve got Burnt Corn. If you want more, here’s a story with the 15 Worst City Names in America. And while you’re at it, the Funniest in the World. (Warning: It gets kinda NSFW.)
But while we’re on the subject, what’s the most hilarious city name in your state?
- Authentic Oversized Tan & White Cowhide Rugs $ 187.00
- Etched World Globe Whiskey Decanter $ 49.00
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 21.00
- Authentic Black & White Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 199.00
- Handcrafted Mini Bourbon Barrel Bluetooth Speaker $ 299.00
- Beer Legends Pub Pint Glass Set $ 39.00
- Vintage Sweet Tea Metal Sign $ 96.00