Name to Fame: Worst (Best) Named Cities Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
Southerners are the best at naming things. We’re pretty good with colorful language in general, but when it comes to bestowing a memorable name on a landmark, city, hill, dale, farm, some pig or anything else interesting we might come across, well, we’re experts.
If you want proof, look in every state in the South. You better believe it’s got a town with a head-scratcher of a name … probably two. Of course we don’t have a monopoly on funny town names, but we’d argue we have some the most creative ones in America.
In Arkansas, they’ve got Bald Knob. Possum Grape. Weiner.
But while we’re on the subject, what’s the most hilarious city name in your state?
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 42.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 139.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 109.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00