Ode to My College Town Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
Big cities certainly have their place in our culture, but there is something magical and mystical about America’s college towns. College Towns are so uniquely personal and mean so much more to our society than just memories of the time we spent at school, the student populations, the Saturday games, or the party atmosphere. Many of them have anchored thriving regional economies and fostered an intellectual culture that make them perfect long-term contributors to the growth of a state. There are 100’s of amazing College Towns coast-to-coast with vibrant art scenes, top-notch restaurants, charming eccentricities, historic sights, and gorgeous scenery. College Towns have also tapped into the private-public connection of thinking and energy, thus most becoming entrepreneurial business startup hubs. For all these reasons, both past & present we cherish the memories and celebrate OUR college town.
What makes your college town special?
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Cowhide Rugs - Real Authentic Oversized Genuine Leather Hide $ 189.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Top Lazy Susan $ 109.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00