One Percent Inspiration. 99 Percent Porch-spiration Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
What are the rules for a great porch? First and foremost, it should be inviting and comfortable.
You may disagree, but screens are cheating. You are going to need some good old-fashioned deet and citronella candles. Though fire pits are acceptable, full-on fire places with hearths are right out.
You’ll need cozy, weather-resistant chairs, flat surfaces to plop drinks, some greenery, maybe a game or two, but mostly a shady place to relax in the cool morning and evening air, to savor the breaks in summer’s single-minded sweat-fest.
Though it may look effortless, the best Southern porches are planned and plotted, and Southern Living has compiled pictures of 71 porches for you to peruse in the name of inspiration. Or porch-spiration, as we’re calling it today.
Here’s to sitting pretty. Happy porching.
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 42.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 139.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 109.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00