One Percent Inspiration. 99 Percent Porch-spiration Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
What are the rules for a great porch? First and foremost, it should be inviting. Comfortable.
You may disagree, but screens are cheating. You’re going to need some good old-fashioned deet and citronella candles. Though fire pits are acceptable, full-on fire places with hearths are right out.
You’ll need cozy, weather-resistant chairs, flat surfaces to plop drinks, some greenery, maybe a game or two, but mostly a shady place to relax in the cool morning and evening air, to savor the breaks in summer’s single-minded sweat-fest.
Though it may look effortless, the best Southern porches are planned and plotted, and Southern Living has compiled pictures of 71 porches for you to peruse in the name of inspiration. Or porch-spiration, as we’re calling it today.
Here’s to sitting pretty. Happy porching.
- Authentic Oversized Tan & White Cowhide Rugs $ 187.00
- Etched World Globe Whiskey Decanter $ 49.00
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 21.00
- Authentic Black & White Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 199.00
- Handcrafted Mini Bourbon Barrel Bluetooth Speaker $ 299.00
- Beer Legends Pub Pint Glass Set $ 39.00
- Vintage Sweet Tea Metal Sign $ 96.00