Pumpkin Decorating 101 Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
Even though the weather hasn’t quite cooled off enough for us to break out our favorite fall jacket, we are in the mood to break out the pumpkins and start decorating. Here are a few ideas for how to make your pumpkins one-of-a-kind.
Break out the Mod Podge, scissors, and printer paper and get ready to get personal. From silhouettes to portraits, think of the pumpkins as your backdrop and get creative.
Use paint to create flowers, leaves, trees and anything else from nature. You can even carve out petals, leaves, or branches gently into the pumpkin for depth.
Paint, twine, buttons, cotton— think 3-D to create animals like white sheep, black cats, and yellow chicks.
What other ideas do you have for pumpkin decorating?
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00