Sitting Pooches on Southern Porches Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
If you’re in need of another eye-catching Southern coffee table book — and who isn’t? — check out the fine-art photography in Porch Dogs. It was featured in a recent issue of Garden and Gun, which has a slideshow with a peek at some of the photos.
Porch Dogs photographer Nell Dickerson says today’s air-conditioned houses have made Southerners less inclined to sit on their porches and few new homes even have them. And that’s a shame. She notes, “We Southerners used to be social. Now, we risk losing what makes us Southern: porch sitting. But there is hope. Our dogs maintain the tradition.”
The book has 60 beautiful photos of breeds from cocker spaniels to basset hounds reclining on porches across the Southern United States.
- Authentic Oversized Tan & White Cowhide Rugs $ 187.00
- Etched World Globe Whiskey Decanter $ 49.00
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 21.00
- Authentic Black & White Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 199.00
- Handcrafted Mini Bourbon Barrel Bluetooth Speaker $ 299.00
- Beer Legends Pub Pint Glass Set $ 39.00
- Vintage Sweet Tea Metal Sign $ 96.00