Sitting Pooches on Southern Porches Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
If you’re in need of another eye-catching Southern coffee table book — and who isn’t? — check out the fine-art photography in Porch Dogs. It was featured in a recent issue of Garden and Gun, which has a slideshow with a peek at some of the photos.
Porch Dogs photographer Nell Dickerson says today’s air-conditioned houses have made Southerners less inclined to sit on their porches and few new homes even have them. And that’s a shame. She notes, “We Southerners used to be social. Now, we risk losing what makes us Southern: porch sitting. But there is hope. Our dogs maintain the tradition.”
The book has 60 beautiful photos of breeds from cocker spaniels to basset hounds reclining on porches across the Southern United States.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Cowhide Rugs - Real Authentic Oversized Genuine Leather Hide $ 189.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Top Lazy Susan $ 109.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00