Southern Condiments: Better with Butter Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
Boy, do we like our butter. Whether it’s a pat, whipped, or creamy, we love to spread delicious butters on just about any type of bread for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If, like us, you love your butter and are looking for some interesting ways to add flavors, here are some of our favorite sweet combinations that will have you spreading it on thick.
Pear and Rosemary Butter
Pecan and Brown Sugar Butter
Apple and Plum Butter
Honey and Cinnamon Butter
Walnut and Cranberry Butter
Orange and Cinnamon Butter
• Soften butter before adding ingredients by bringing to room temperature and beating it.
• Ingredients should be chopped very finely or pureed before adding.
• Allow at least two hours at room temperature for flavors to penetrate before refrigerating.
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Cowhide Rugs - Real Authentic Oversized Genuine Leather Hide $ 189.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Top Lazy Susan $ 109.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00