The Story of Cooter Brown Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 1 Comment
Ever heard the Southern saying, “Drunk as Cooter Brown”? Always up for a good story, we decided to find out who old Cooter was (he had to be upwards of 150 years old, afterall), and why, exactly he was drunk.As a graduate student in New Orleans in the 90’s, we spent many a night at Cooter Brown’s Tavern uptown on Carrolton. So, we figured we would go straight to the source. A phone call later, we had the answer.
Did it work? Legend has it it did. Not to say that his liver held up; we don’t know how old Cooter died. But this much is for sure: he died without having to fight his kin. And to us, that is victory in and of itself.
Shopping Boubon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 45.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 139.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 109.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00