Things You'll Find In Any Southern Home Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 9 Comments
While there are just as many different kinds of homes in the South as there are Southerners, there are some things that are common to all of us. Here are a few of things that you are certain to find in almost all Southern homes.
Porch with wicker chairs, porch swing, and overhead fan to keep the mosquitos from landing. Citronella candles. And flowering bushes and trees: crepe myrtles are a favorite.
The more Mason jars, the better (for homemade jams, sweet tea, herb gardens and catching lightning bugs). The “good silver” used on holidays that has to be polished once a week. And at least one set of cocktail glasses for when company comes over, which is often.
Picture frames and accessories made from reclaimed barnwood. Framed maps and flags. A cowhide rug. And a dog bed just as nice as any other bed in the house.
What else would you add to our list?
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Authentic Oversized Cowhide Rug $ 187.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 119.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00