Top 10 Signs You Might Be From Tennessee Posted by: Rod Ford | 0 Comments
In a place where there are eight different state songs and two different time zones, you can only imagine the diversity of it all. I mean, where else can you have the best barbecue in the world (sorry, Texas), attend services led by Al Green, legally consume a little moonshine and bring your gun to church?
That’s what I thought….
Here are 10 signs you might be from Tennessee:
1. You serve seven different types of vegetables for Thanksgiving, but not one of them is actually vegetarian.
2. You’ve been to the casinos more times than you can count, but you’ve never seen the inside of Graceland.
3. You’ve said “bless your heart” to a telemarketer.
4. You’ve bought a life raft, snowmobile or storm shelter some time in the past three years.
5. Krystal is better than White Castle. No argument about it.
6. You get annoyed with anyone from another state that complains about high taxes, and at 9.75% you better believe tax-free weekend is the new Black Friday.
7. You know the correct pronunciation of Maryville, Knoxville, Santa Fe, Lafayette, Loudon, Blount, Maury, Shelbyville, etc. If you say it wrong someone will correct you. Kindly, though, of course.
8. Your license plate has a walking horse on it.
9. You’ve made a vacation out of a trip to Rock City or Dollywood.
10. You have said “this is gonna be our year” when referring to your sports team…….
a. You know that Memphis has four seasons – hot, hot as hell, raining, and basketball.
b. You think it is completely acceptable to exchange your Titans PSL for tickets to the sold out Taylor Swift concert.
c. You know the best way to beat the traffic is to wait until AFTER the Vandy game has ended.
d. Whatever it is you are shopping for at the moment, you inquire whether they make it in orange.
e. You’ve gone to a Predators game and spent more time watching Carrie Underwood.
In love with Tennessee? See all of our hand-picked products from the state.
Lauren Weintraub is an Arkansas native who now calls Nashville home. She likes apple pie moonshine, Dolly Parton, and bacon in anything. While she may prefer razorbacks to walking horses, she is assimilating to Tennessee living just fine. You can contact her for professional organizing, party planning and problem solving services at The Solution Girl.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Cowhide Rugs - Real Authentic Oversized Genuine Leather Hide $ 189.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Top Lazy Susan $ 109.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 40.00