Weekend Getaway: Southern Retreats Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
Ready for a weekend getaway? Here are a few beautiful retreats that will have you breathing crisp Fall air as you relax for a one-of-a-kind soul massage.
Lookout Mountain, GA
Sitting atop Lookout Mountain just on the other side of the Tennessee border, the Chanticleer Inn is at 2000 feet above sea level and offers stunning views of the Chattanooga Valley from your private balcony.
The Inn on Biltmore Estate
One of the South’s most famous addresses, The Inn on Biltmore Estate does not disappoint. The view of the Blue Ridge Mountains is enough to make you want to stay forever.
Meadows of Dan, VA
If it’s stargazing you are longing for, then look no further. Primland Resort offers the best view of Virginia’s diamond-filled night sky. You can even hike a restored six-mile section of the Old Appalachian Trail on the property.
What are some of your favorite Southern retreats?
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Cowhide Rugs - Real Authentic Oversized Genuine Leather Hide $ 189.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Top Lazy Susan $ 109.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00