Candles in old wine bottles? What a great idea! Why not scent the candles with hints of our favorite wines?
Our friends at ReWined Candles in Charleston, South Carolina are creators of one of Bourbon & Boots’ most popular products. Rewined wine scented candles are 11 ounces of 100 percent soy candle poured into recycled glass. The wicks are 100% cotton and burn 60-80 hours. The highly-fragrant, luxurious soy burns smoothly without producing black smoke like inexpensive candles.
We’re offering 5 intoxicating scents:
- Pinot Noir — this earthy complex wine mimics the ground that produces it. Fresh fig and cranberry, rooted by the rustic aromas of leather and violet, finishing with hints of musky earth tones.
- Spiked Cider — this fall favorite offers a rich blend of apple, cinnamon and clove with aromas of buttery dark rum.
- Wine Under the Tree — spiced wine mixed with freshly cut spruce, citrus and all the other intoxicating scents of Christmas morning.
- Champagne — This festive varietal evokes feelings of joy and celebration. Look for sweet notes of white grape, honey, fresh baked bread and light citrus.
- Merlot — Pick up the scent of ripe pomegranate and plum followed by a cool vanilla finish.
Beau Burdette and his buddy Adam Fetsch were working in a South Carolina restaurant. Adam decided to take some of the bottles home, experimenting with them at first, making drinking glasses, but the cuts were not to his standards. Long story short, Adam’s wife saw the glasses and suggest that the wide base of the sparkling wine bottles would make ideal containers for candles. ReWined Candles was born.