The 7 and 7 cocktail is a fairly new drink. It was invented by the bartender at a small bar in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The original recipe of the 7 and 7 is a mix of bourbon whiskey and coke. A simple combination that somehow became complicated after just a few years. Not everyone agrees on what should be in it, how much of each ingredient should be there, or even on what to call it.
Variations of the original recipe include:
– Fuzzy navel: peach schnapps instead of bourbon whiskey
– Tequila Sunrise: tequila instead of bourbon whiskey
1½ ounces Seagram’s 7 whiskey (or any other whiskey of your choice)
8 ounces 7-up (or lemon-lime soda)
Lemon wedge for garnish
1. Fill a collins glass with ice.
2. Add the whiskey and 7-up.
3. Garnish with the lemon wedge.
Image Source: https://www.yayimages.com/31609310/pouring-beer-water-in-to-glass-with-ice-and-froth.html