Apple martini is a cocktail that has been around since the 1930’s. It gained popularity in the US when it was introduced at the San Francisco World’s Fair in 1939, although it is thought to have been invented much earlier by a man in Martinez, California. It is a trendy drink that brings together the sweetness of apple juice and vodka’s strong taste. Its perfect blend promises to tickle your taste buds while making you feel tipsy.
Apple Martini is made with vodka, apple juice, and dry vermouth. The drink is usually shaken with ice, strained into a chilled martini glass and garnished with an olive. While there are many different variations of this popular cocktail, the apple martini is one of the most popular because of its sweet and fruity taste. There are many variations of the Apple Martini to cater to different palates and tastes:
– Apple Cider (apple juice)
– Cranberry Apple (cranberry juice) # Sour Apples (sour mix)
– Melon Mango (melon syrup, mango nectar)
2 ounce vodka
1 ounce apple Schnapps splash of Cointreau thin apple piece for garnish sour apple martini
2 ounces vodka
1 ounce apple Schnapps with big squeeze of fresh lime juice thin apple slice for garnish
1. adds a twist to the typical dry martini.
2. Vodka is used as opposed to gin as the basis of the cocktail and apple schnapps is added for a sweet but slightly sour twist.
3. The cocktail is usually finished with lemon juice and garnished with a slice of apple, simple but tasty.
Image Source: https://www.yayimages.com/37208630/green-appletini-cocktail.html