The Capriccio cocktail is a drink that was created in the late 1800s. It was inspired by the opera, “Cavalleria Rusticana” that was written in 1890. This cocktail got it’s name from the word capriccio which means “lighthearted musical improvisation”. The author of the novel, Luigi Caruso, wanted it to be inspired by his favorite opera.
It is mixed with orange wheel, superfine sugar, ground cinnamon and Amaretto shaken with ice and strained into a cocktail glass.All the ingredients of this cocktail combine to create a sweet and tangy flavor that is very easy to drink.
Orange wheel, superfine sugar, ground cinnamon
1 ounce Amaretto
1 ounce Simple Syrup
½ ounce Brandy
½ ounce Crème de cafe or coffee liqueur
4 ounce Hot brewed coffee
Whipped cream, toasted sliced almonds, maraschino cherry
1. Rim preheated Irish coffee glass with orange and blend of sugar and cinnamon.
2. Pour next four ingredients into glass.
3. Fill with coffee and stir.
4. Top with whipped cream, sliced almonds, and cherry.
5. Serve in an Irish Coffee Glass.
Image Source: https://www.yayimages.com/945650/nine-mile.html