The Clover Club drink originally emerged in the early 1900s, and it was included in Thomas Bullock’s 1917 book The Ideal Bartender. Despite the fact that many current versions of the drink remove it, the original written recipe called for dry vermouth, gin, lemon, raspberry syrup, and egg white.
Clover Club can be prepared in plenty of variations such as-
– Some Clover Club variations replace raspberry syrup for grenadine.
– The vegan variation includes a half ounce of aquafaba instead of egg white.
4 raspberries, plus extra for garnish
½ ounce simple syrup
½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 ounces gin
1 egg white
1. Chill a cocktail glass or coupe.
2. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the raspberries with the simple syrup.
3. Add the lemon juice, gin, and egg white.
4. Add the ice and shake vigorously to chill and mix.
5. Strain into the chilled cocktail glass.
6. Garnish with raspberries.
Image Source: https://www.yayimages.com/1736940/apricot-cocktail.html