The Earl Grey Marteani is a cocktail that was introduced in the 1960s by bartender Michael S. Sheridan who served it at the Playboy Club in New York City. The signature drink is made of two parts gin, one part grapefruit juice, one part honey mix, and 1/4 teaspoon of Angostura bitters.
The drink has become popular due to its association with Playboy Clubs and the 1960s jet set culture. Try it with lemon vodka or citrus vodka for a new twist on an old classic.
1 ½ ounces Earl Grey tea-infused gin*
¾ ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 ounce simple syrup
1 egg white
Garnish: sugar rim
Garnish: lemon twist
1. Use sugar to half-rim a coupe glass and set aside.
2. Add the tea-infused gin, lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white to a shaker without ice and dry-shake vigorously (at least 10 seconds).
3. Add ice and shake again until well-chilled.
4. Strain into the prepared coupe.
5. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Image Source: https://www.yayimages.com/36962966/tasty-and-colorful-drinks-based-on-various-alcohols-syrups-and-liqueurs-unique-effect-of-the-bartenders-work.html