Gin Fizz is a cocktail that was created in New Orleans in the 1860s. It is said that Mrs. Laura Mowbray of Savannah, Georgia invented this cocktail and named it after her hometown drink, “fizz water”. It consists of gin, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar syrup and club soda.
The sugar syrup for this cocktail is made by taking one cup of sugar and adding to it one-half cup of boiling water. This makes a tart mixture with which you can make the cocktails sweeter or drier depending on your preference. The lemon and lime juices can also be added to taste better.
1 ¾ ounce Gin
1 oz ounce Lemon Juice
3/4 ounce Sugar Syrup
1. Combine all ingredients in shaker tin, excluding soda.
2. Add ice to small shaker tin.
3. Shake vigorously, until tin is frosted over.
4. Strain into chilled highball glass with fresh ice and soda.
5. Garnish with lemon wedge and enjoy.