Grapefruit Rum Smash is a delicious and refreshing summer cocktail. This drink is known for its slightly bitter and tart taste. The history of this cocktail dates back to the 1920s, when it was mixed by bartenders at The Barbizon-Plaza Hotel in New York City. It can bring out the sweetness in the rum and other liquors, while also adding a fresh flavor to the mix.
There are three variations of this drink that date back to 1937:
– Original Grapefruit Rum Smash
– The Royalty Grapefruit Rum Smash
– The Bronx Cocktail
10 mint leaves, plus a mint sprig for garnish
¼ grapefruit, cut into wedges
¾ ounce simple syrup
2 ounces white rum
1. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves with the grapefruit wedge and simple syrup.
2. Add the rum and ice and shake to chill.
3. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
4. Garnish with a mint sprig.
Image Source: https://www.yayimages.com/24871006/bowl-of-apricot-jam.html