Kumquat Cooler is a popular summer drink and cocktail. It was first recorded in Farm and Home Recipes by Clara P. Laughlin, published in 1885.It is made by muddling kumquats, then combining it with several spirits and fruit juices to make a sweet tasting drink.
This drink can be served with any kind of juice, such as grapefruit or orange juice, or sweetened with pineapple syrup to make a Tom Collins-style drink.
3 Slice Kumquats
1 ½ ounce Cognac
½ ounce Strega
½ ounce Fresh lemon juice
¼ ounce Dark rum
¼ ounce Simple Syrup
Kumquat slice and lemon wheel, speared on toothpick
1. Muddle kumquats in mixing glass.
2. Add remaining ingredients and ice and shake.
3. Strain into crushed ice-filled Collins glass.
4. Garnish with kumquat and lemon.
5. Serve in a Collins Glass.
Image Source: https://www.yayimages.com/31127010/glass-of-lemonade-with-lemon-on-sunny-garden-background.html