Maple Spiced Old Fashioned is a cocktail made with Hatch chili-infused rye, maple syrup, Angostura bitters and orange peel. It is inspired by the combination of flavors found in an old fashioned, but is spiced up with the added kick from the Hatch chilies. The origins of this drink are not yet known, but it is speculated that it was created in the late 1800s at the Pendennis Club in Louisville. The club, which was established in 1881, served the drink for many years to its members.
1 tsp spiced rum
½ ounce maple syrup
2 tsp angostura bitters
1 tsp orange bitters
Two orange peels and Luxardo cherries for garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker, add ice, rum, maple syrup, and bitters.
2. Stir to chill.
3. Strain into rocks glass over king cube or fresh ice.
4. Express one orange peel over the drink by twisting the peel between your
5. fingers, then run outside of peel along rim.
6. Garnish with second orange peel and Luxardo cherries.
Image Source: https://www.yayimages.com/945560/chicago-fizz.html