Vodka Sour is an alcoholic drink that has its origins in the 19th century. The first time this drink was mentioned was in 1891 when it was referred to as a "cooler" in The Queen cocktail book (James E. McElhone). There are many different recipes for Vodka Sour cocktails and different variations of them as well since people can use different types of alcohols such as vodka, gin or whiskey.
Traditionally, the drink is made with gin and lemon and it also contains a type of sweetener called sugar syrup. However, there are multiple variations of the Vodka Sour cocktail which can include other ingredients such as lime or orange juice.
1 egg white
½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
¼ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
¾ ounce simple syrup
1 ½ ounces vodka
Lime wheel and ground nutmeg for garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine the egg white, lemon juice, simple syrup, and vodka.
2. Dry shake vigorously for a full minute.
3. Add ice and shake again until chilled.
4. Strain the mixture into a rocks glass.
5. Garnish with the lime wheel and a grating of nutmeg.