Looking for a fun, fast-paced, and easy drinking game to spice up your next party? Drunk Uno is here to save the day! By adding a tipsy twist to a classic card game, you’ll have everyone laughing and enjoying themselves in no time.
In this blog post, we’ll cover the basics of how to play Drunk Uno, as well as some creative variations and unique ideas to enhance your experience. So grab your deck of Uno cards and read on for an unforgettable night filled with laughter, competition, and perhaps even a few newfound friendships.
Table of Contents
How To Play Drunk Uno
To play Drunk Uno, start by shuffling two complete sets of Uno cards and dealing seven cards to each player; place the remaining cards in a draw pile and flip over the top card to start the discard pile.
Basic Rules Of Uno
Before diving into the drunk Uno variation, let’s recap the basic rules of Uno that you need to know:
- Each player is dealt 7 cards at the beginning of the game.
- The remaining cards are placed face down in a draw pile, and the top card is flipped over to form the discard pile.
- The goal of Uno is to be the first player to get rid of all their cards.
- Players take turns in a clockwise order, playing a card from their hand that matches either the color or the number of the top card on the discard pile.
- If a player cannot play a matching card, they must draw one from the draw pile and then pass if they still can’t play.
- There are action cards in Uno – Draw Two, Reverse, Skip, Wild Card, and Wild Draw Four – which can change gameplay by forcing opponents to draw more cards or altering turn orders.
- When a player has only one card left in their hand, they must call “Uno” before another player catches them; failing to do so will result in drawing two penalty cards.
- The game ends when one player runs out of cards and is declared the winner.
With these basic rules in mind, we can now explore how to transform traditional Uno into an engaging drinking game for partiers!
Adding Drinking Rules To Uno
To transform the classic card game Uno into a thrilling drinking game, simply incorporate these suggested drinking rules:
- Drink when a player draws a card: Whenever a player has to draw a card from the deck because they cannot make a valid move, they also take a sip of their drink.
- Reverse Card Rule: If you play a reverse card, the player who is reversed must take a shot or drink.
- Color-Specific Rules: Assign specific actions based on card colors, like drinking for red cards, swapping seats for blue cards, dancing for green cards, or complimenting someone for yellow cards.
- Wild Card Social Drinking: Everyone at the table takes a social drink if any wild card is played (like a standard wild or wild draw-four).
- Numbered Cards: When numbered cards are played, the person playing the card can select another player to drink that many sips (e.g., playing eight means choosing someone to drink eight sips).
- Skip Card Pick-up: The player who skipped the game now has to pick up their drink and take one sip.
- Draw Two/Four Challenge: The person drawing two or four cards as a penalty must also down their drink within that number’s duration (e.g., Four seconds for drawing four penalty cards).
- Finish and Choose at Uno Call: When calling “Uno,” you have only one card left and may choose another player to finish their drink.
Remember to use these drunk Uno rules as inspiration, and feel free to customize them according to your friends’ preferences and tolerance levels!
The UNO Drinking Game
The UNO Drinking Game is a fun and exciting twist on the classic card game, perfect for a night in with friends who enjoy a little friendly competition. Here’s how to play:
- Begin by shuffling two decks of UNO cards together.
- Deal seven cards to each player, placing the remaining cards in a draw pile.
- Turn over the top card from the draw pile, starting the discard pile.
- The game follows the basic rules of UNO, with players taking turns matching cards by color or number.
- Introduce drinking rules: whenever a player draws a card from the draw pile, they must take a sip of their drink.
- If a Reverse card is played, not only does play change direction, but any affected players must also take a sip of their drink.
- Players are also required to take one sip for every card left in their hand at the end of each round (when someone wins by emptying their hand).
- Bring extra excitement into the mix by picking a specific action card (such as Wild Card or Draw Four) and assigning it to an agreed-upon keyword; whatever that specific card is played – everyone shouts out the keyword, and whoever says it last drinks!
- Consider playing Drunk Uno variations like Color Rules or Penalty Cards for added variety and challenge.
Remember to always drink responsibly while enjoying this fantastic party game!
Drinking Game Ideas For Uno
Here are three fun drinking game ideas for Uno that will surely liven up your party: Color Rules, Penalty Cards, and Wild Card Challenge.
Uno Drinking Game 1: Color Rules
If you want an easy way to get tipsy while playing UNO, then the Color Rules is the perfect addition to your game night. Follow these steps:
- Designate a color that will be the drinking color for the game.
- Whenever a player plays a card of that color, all other players must take a drink.
- The player who played the card can choose to either skip their turn or reverse the direction of play.
This rule adds extra excitement to the game and encourages players to strategize their moves carefully. Just remember to pace yourself and drink responsibly throughout the game.
Uno Drinking Game 2: Penalty Cards
Playing Drunk Uno is more fun when there are penalties involved. Penalty cards can make the game more exciting as players anticipate making other players drink. Here’s how to play Uno Drinking Game 2: Penalty Cards:
- Choose a penalty card – Decide on a specific card that will trigger a penalty. For example, you could choose the number “9” card to signify taking a sip of your drink.
- Play the penalty card – Whenever anyone plays the penalty card, all players must take a sip of their drink.
- Add variations – Make the penalty even worse by increasing the number of drinks for certain actions like not saying “Uno” when down to one card or playing an illegal move.
- Don’t forget the False Uno rule – Any player caught falsely claiming ‘Uno’ must take three sips of their drink as a penalty.
- Keep it fair – Make sure everyone takes their penalties and avoid singling out one person repeatedly.
Playing Drunk Uno with Penalty Cards adds another level of excitement to an already fun game, but don’t forget to play responsibly and take breaks if needed.
Uno Drinking Game 3: Wild Card Challenge
If you’re looking to add some excitement to your game of Drunk Uno, the Wild Card Challenge is a great option. Here’s how it works:
- Whenever a Wild Card is played, everyone has to quickly choose a card from their hand and place it face-down on the table.
- Once everyone has chosen their card, all players reveal them at the same time.
- The player with the highest number on their card can skip taking a drink for that turn.
- The player with the lowest number on their card has to take two drinks.
- If there is a tie for either the highest or lowest number, those players must both take a drink.
The Wild Card Challenge adds a layer of strategy to your Drunk Uno game, as players have to think quickly and anticipate what others might choose. Plus, it adds some friendly competition as everyone tries to avoid being stuck with the lowest number card.
Just remember, always drink responsibly and make sure everyone has a safe way home. Cheers!
Tips For Playing Drunk Uno With Friends
Set House Rules that everyone agrees on before starting, such as the number of rounds to play and how much alcohol to consume, so that everyone can have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Set House Rules
To ensure that everyone has a great time playing Drunk Uno, it’s important to set some house rules. Here are some things to consider:
- Establish a maximum number of drinks per round to avoid overindulging.
- Decide on the consequences for breaking a rule or failing to call “Uno!” when down to one card.
- Determine if players will be free from drinking or if everyone is fair game.
- Set boundaries for acceptable behavior during the game, such as no cheating or excessive taunting.
- Make sure everyone understands the rules before starting the game.
By setting house rules, you can make sure that everyone is on the same page and willing to play by the same guidelines. This ensures that everyone has fun and stays safe while playing Drunk Uno!
One important thing to remember when playing Drunk Uno with friends is to drink responsibly. While the game can be a lot of fun, it’s essential to pace yourself and know your limits.
Make sure everyone has plenty of water and snacks available so they don’t get too intoxicated too quickly.
It’s also crucial to set house rules before starting the game, such as how many drinks are allowed per turn or what happens if someone breaks a rule. Remember that safety should always come first, even in the midst of partying with friends.
Have Plenty Of Snacks And Water
Getting caught up in the excitement of playing Drunk Uno with friends is easy, but staying hydrated and nourished during gameplay is essential. Make sure you have plenty of snacks and water on hand so that everyone can take a break and refill as needed.
Some great snack options include chips, pretzels, popcorn, or even fruits like grapes or sliced apples.
It’s also important to have non-alcoholic options for anyone who wants to opt out of the drinking aspect of the game. Water is an excellent choice for staying hydrated throughout the night.
You can also provide soda or juice for those who want something sweet but don’t want to drink alcohol all night long.
Make Sure Everyone Has A Safe Ride Home
One of the most important things to remember while playing Drunk Uno with friends is ensuring everyone has a safe ride home. While it may be tempting to continue drinking and having fun, it’s crucial to prioritize safety above all else.
According to some statistics, about 232 people die every day in drunk driving crashes in the US alone. Therefore, always remember that taking precautions against drunk driving is something you do for yourself and others around you.
Alternative Drinking Card Games
We’ve got you covered if you’re looking for other fun card games to try with your friends! From Kings Cup to Never Have I Ever, explore a variety of drinking games that will surely make your party even more exciting.
King’s Cup, also known as Ring of Fire or Circle of Death, is a classic drinking game played with beer and a deck of cards. Here are some variations on the rules to make it extra fun:
- Ace: “Waterfall” – Everyone starts drinking and cannot stop until the person before them has stopped.
- 2: “You” – Choose someone to drink.
- 3: “Me” – Take a drink.
- 4: “Floor” – Everyone touches the floor, last person drinks.
- 5: “Guys” – All guys take a drink.
- 6: “Chicks” – All girls take a drink.
- 7: “Heaven” – Everyone reaches for the sky, last person drinks.
- 8: “Mate” – Pick someone to be your mate; they must drink when you do for the rest of the game.
- 9: “Rhyme” – Say a word, and everyone takes turns saying a word that rhymes with it until someone can’t think of one and drinks.
- 10: “Categories” – Pick a category (e.g., types of fruit); each person takes turns naming something in that category until someone can’t think of one and drinks.
- Jack: “Make A Rule” – Make up a rule that everyone must follow for the rest of the game (e.g., no saying certain words). If someone breaks the rule, they must drink.
- Queen: “Question Master” – As Question Master, you can ask anyone a question at any time during the game; if they answer, instead of asking another question, they must drink.
- King: Pour some beer into a large cup in the center called The King’s Cup – whoever draws the fourth king from the deck pours their own alcohol into this cup – once the fourth king is drawn, whoever draws the fifth king must drink the contents of The King’s Cup.
Remember to play responsibly and enjoy!
Circle Of Death
Circle of Death is a popular card-based drinking game you can play with friends. Here’s how to play it:
- Shuffle a deck of cards and create a circle using the cards in the center of the table.
- Players take turns drawing a card from the circle, and each card corresponds to an action or rule.
- For example, if you draw a “7,” everyone must point to the ceiling, and the last person to do so drinks.
- Another example is the “King,” where the player who draws it pours any amount of their drink into a central cup, and whoever draws the fourth King must chug that entire cup.
- The game continues until all cards are drawn or until players decide to end it.
Remember to play Circle of Death responsibly and with caution since excessive drinking can lead to serious consequences.
Never Have I Ever
If you’re looking for an easy drinking game to play with friends, “Never Have I Ever” is a classic choice. This game requires no equipment or setup and can be played almost anywhere. Here are some tips for playing “Never Have I Ever” with your friends:
- Set the rules: Before playing, decide on the rules of the game. For example, will you only ask questions that relate to drinking, or can they be about any topic? Will you take a drink every time you have done something or only when you haven’t?
- Ask the questions: Go around the circle and take turns asking questions starting with “Never have I ever…” For example, “Never have I ever lied to get out of trouble.” Anyone who has done the thing mentioned must take a drink.
- Keep it interesting: Be creative with your questions to keep the game fun and engaging. Try to think of things that people may not want to admit they’ve done.
- Drink responsibly: As with any drinking game, it’s important to drink responsibly and know your limits.
- Enjoy yourself: “Never Have I Ever” is a fun way to learn more about your friends and have a few drinks in the process.
Remember, while having fun playing drinking games with friends is important, always prioritize safety and ensure everyone is comfortable participating.
Variations Of Drunk Uno
The classic Drunk Uno game has plenty of variations, including Strip Uno, Reverse Uno, and Spicy UNO (adding hot sauce to the loser’s drink).
If you’re looking to spice up your game of Uno, why not try Strip Uno with your party crew? Here’s how it works:
- Set up the game as you normally would, but each player starts with a predetermined number of articles of clothing.
- If a player draws a Draw Two or Draw Four card, they can assign the penalty to another player or choose to remove an article of clothing themselves.
- The first player to run out of cards gets to assign a penalty of their choice (removing an article of clothing, taking a shot, etc.) to any other remaining players.
- Keep playing until everyone is down to their skivvies or until someone decides to call it quits.
- Establish rules and boundaries beforehand and ensure everyone is comfortable with the idea before starting this risqué version of the classic card game!
Reverse Uno is a fun variation of the classic game that will keep you tipsy and entertained. In this version, players must play their cards in reverse order, adding an extra layer of strategy and chaos to the game.
Here are some tips for playing Reverse Uno:
- Start by shuffling the deck of cards and dealing seven cards to each player.
- Place the remaining cards in a draw pile, with the top card facing up.
- The first player must play a card that matches either the color or number of the card on top of the discard pile. They must draw one from the draw pile if they cannot play a matching card.
- When someone plays a reverse card, the direction of play is reversed. For example, if the play was going clockwise before someone played a reverse card, it will now switch to counterclockwise.
- Just like in regular Uno, players can also use other action cards, such as skip or draw two, to skip or penalize other players.
- When a player has only one card left, they must say “Uno.” If another player catches them not saying it, they have to draw two penalty cards.
- The first player to get rid of all their cards wins!
Remember to drink responsibly while playing Reverse Uno and any drinking game to ensure everyone has a safe and fun time together!
Spicy UNO (Adding Hot Sauce To The Loser’s Drink)
Spicy UNO is a variation of the classic card game that will put your taste buds to the test. If you’re feeling brave, add hot sauce to the loser’s drink and watch them suffer through their next turn.
Here’s how to play Spicy UNO:
- Follow the basic rules of UNO, but with a twist.
- Every time someone forgets to say “UNO” or gets caught with an extra card at the end of a round, they have to take a drink.
- The loser of each round must add hot sauce to their drink before starting the next round.
- Increase the amount of hot sauce per round for added intensity and fun.
Remember to drink responsibly and know your limits when playing Spicy UNO!
FAQs And Safety Reminders
Learn about age restrictions and non-alcoholic options, how to handle running out of drinks, playing in a safe environment, and most importantly, remember to Have Fun and Enjoy Responsibly! Read on for more tips on how to have the ultimate drunk Uno game night.
Age Restrictions And Non-alcoholic Options
Before diving into the exciting world of Drunk Uno and other drinking games, it’s important to note that these games are only for those legally allowed to consume alcohol.
If you’re under the legal drinking age in your country or state, please refrain from participating in these types of activities. Additionally, not everyone likes to drink alcohol or may have personal reasons why they choose not to consume it.
In that case, plenty of non-alcoholic options are available for you to enjoy while still being part of the fun. You could substitute classic alcoholic beverages with fruit juice or soda and still be able to participate fully in the game without feeling left out.
Handling Running Out Of Drinks
Running out of drinks can be a party buzzkill, especially when playing drinking games like Drunk Uno. To avoid this situation, it’s important to plan ahead and ensure that there are enough drinks for everyone before the game starts.
If you do run out of drinks, don’t panic! You can continue playing the game using non-alcoholic options like water or soda. Alternatively, you could make makeshift drinks by mixing together different juices or sodas with ice and fruit pieces.
Playing In A Safe Environment
It’s important to ensure that when you and your friends are playing Drunk Uno as a drinking game, you do so in a safe environment. Make sure that the space where the game is being played is free of any hazards or obstacles that could potentially cause harm if players become unsteady on their feet.
Additionally, it’s crucial to monitor alcohol consumption during gameplay. Encourage players to drink water between rounds, limit how much alcohol is available or set limits on how much can be consumed per turn, and never let someone who has had too much to drink continue playing.
Remember To Have Fun And Enjoy Responsibly!
Most importantly, enjoy the game with your friends and drink responsibly. It’s easy to get carried away in the excitement of playing Drunk Uno, but it’s important to understand your limits and not push them too far.
Remember that while Drunk Uno is a fun way to spice up an already popular card game, it should be played responsibly. Don’t feel pressured into drinking more than you can handle or taking risks that could jeopardize your safety.
Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a fun night in with friends, Drunk Uno is the perfect game to play while getting tipsy. With its easy-to-follow rules and exciting drinking game variations, it’s sure to keep everybody entertained.
Remember to set house rules, drink responsibly, and have fun! Don’t forget to try out other popular drinking card games, such as Kings Cup and Circle of Death.